Enhancing Family Support: Discover the Parenting When Separated Programme Training for Professionals.
As professionals dedicated to supporting families, you understand the complex challenges faced during separation and divorce. Recognising this, Parents Plus has developed the ‘Parenting When Separated Programme’, a comprehensive training designed to equip you with essential skills and knowledge for assisting families through these trying times.
Programme Overview: The Parenting When Separated Programme is a 6-week, group-based parent training module. It integrates evidence-based principles to offer practical, accessible, and empathetic guidance. This programme is specifically crafted to aid parents in navigating the intricacies of separation and divorce, ensuring they have the tools they need for a positive transition.
Training Details: The training spans three modules, each 4.5 hours long, and is tailored for professionals who support parents.
Through this training, you will:
- Become proficient in the delivery of the programme content.
- Enhance your practice skills in implementing the Strengths-Based approach and the Solution Focused Group facilitation model.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge of the evidence base and learn to gather practice-based evidence using the Parents Plus Quality Protocol. This includes goal setting with parents, obtaining session feedback, session planning and review, and monitoring overall programme impact.
Participants will also receive two post-training Supervision/Coaching sessions from a Parents Plus Supervisor. These sessions are designed to reinforce group facilitation skills and programme delivery techniques, ensuring a smooth transition into utilizing the programme in your professional practice.
The next Parents Plus Parenting When Separated Programme training is on the 18th, 25th and 26th April 2024 (9.15am-1.30pm)
By training as a facilitator of this programme, you will learn how to support parents to:
- Solve co-parenting problems in a positive way which focuses on the needs of their children
- Create practical arrangements for children that minimise stress and conflict
- Improve communication with their children and with their children’s other parent
- Cope with the emotional impact of separation and learn stress management techniques
- Help their children cope emotionally with the separation
- Deal with the challenges of lone parenting or being a ‘live away’
Who is the Programme For? The Parenting When Separated training is ideal for a wide range of professionals working with families. This includes:
- Social workers.
- Family support workers.
- Legal professionals involved in family separation cases.
The programme’s versatile nature makes it a valuable tool for anyone committed to supporting families in transition.
Read Our Case Study from Northumberland County Council
In the North-East of England four Local Authority and County Council areas, including Northumberland, South Tyneside, Newcastle, and Gateshead, have come together as a region to avail of training in and rolling out the Parenting When Separated programme under the RPC, through Early Help and Family Hubs.
For more information contact Impact Lead for Parents Plus Vicki Byrne at firstname.lastname@example.org or +353858705772
Our next Parenting When Separated Programme training is scheduled for February 2nd, 8th, and 9th,
If you are a parent and are seeking support then please visit our tips and information page via the button below –