Supporting parents remotely using the Parents Plus Programmes – an online professional training
With the advent of the Covid-19 crisis, face to face support of families has unfortunately had to stop, yet many families remain in need of support and under additional stress due to the crisis. As a result, many services are starting to provide support remotely to families online and by telephone
In this online training we will explain the principles of effective remote working using the Parents Plus Programmes and provide participants with the tools that can work in their agencies.
Topics covered include
- Choosing the best mode of remote support (phone, zoom, skype, google hangouts, other)
- Remotely delivering strengths-based support to families
- Confidentiality and data protection considerations
- Structuring individual and group sessions
- Addressing core topics such as self-care for parents, conflict management
- Supporting family mental health.
Delivered by Prof John Sharry and Dr. Eileen Brosnan, the training will involve the following:
- 15th or 16th April – A Zoom call to link in with each participant on current challenges, what are main goals for training, and to test connecting with them by Zoom. Times to be arranged individually.
- 17th April – 10am-12noon Zoom group training session – Intro to remote individual and group work, demonstration of effectively using the PP parent engagement model via online mode.
- 1st May – 10am-12noon A follow-up group session to look at how remote work is progressing and problem-solve around challenges.
Training numbers will be a maximum of 12 and the cost of the training is €135 per person. Please contact us if accessing finance is difficult and we will do our best to provide a number of sponsored places.
Booking is made below and for more details please email firstname.lastname@example.org
€ 135per person