Finding a Parents Plus Course in your area
The Parents Plus Programmes are run as 6-12 week parenting courses. They are run by professionals in different services such as Family Resource Centres, Child and Adolescent Mental Health services, Primary Care teams, Child Care Commitees and Schools. The Parents Plus courses are largely run free of charge or at a minimal cost to those attending. If you are interested in attending a Parents Plus course, please make enquiries to your local services. Your Primary Care Team, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS), GP, school or local Childcare Committee may have more specific information on what is running in your area.
Parents Plus Courses around Ireland/UK
We are currently building a county by county database detailing agencies and organisations running Parents Plus Courses which are open to the public in Ireland and the UK. We include some initial entries for some areas, which we hope to expand over time. Please click on the name of the programme below that you wish to access.
- Parents Plus Early Years Programme Courses (1-6 years)
- Parents Plus Children’s Programme Courses (6-11 years)
- Parents Plus Adolescents Programme Courses (11-16 years)
- Parents Plus – Parenting When Separated Programme Courses
Other Parent Information
- See list of parenting books that draw on the ideas of the Parents Plus Programme and which are available in most bookshops
- See www.solutiontalk.ie for information on parenting talks/ courses by John Sharry of Parents Plus.
- Irish Times Parenting Articles and Features by John Sharry of Parents Plus.
Other Links for Parents
- www.hadd.ie – support for families with children with ADHD
- www.safefood.eu – tackling childhood obesity one step at a time
- www.familyresource.ie -information on Family Resource Centres around Ireland