A practical and positive evidence-based course for parents who are preparing for, going through or have gone through a separation or divorce.
John Sharry, Adele Keating, Michelle Choudhry
Family separation can put extra stress on both parents and children and brings new challenges. Drawing on international long-term evidence, the Parenting when Separated Programme is a six week course that highlights practical steps parents can take to help their children cope and thrive as well as coping successfully themselves.
- Solving co-parenting problems in a positive way that focus on the needs of children
- Cope with the emotional impact of separation and learn stress management techniques
- Help your children cope with the impact of the separation both emotionally and practically
- Enhance communication with their children and with their children’s other parent
Programme Materials Include
- A comprehensive Facilitator’s Manual with a full guide and detailed session plans for the six week course.
- Two Parent Booklets that contains handouts, worksheets and exercises for each parent completing the course.
- An accompanying book Parenting when Separated that includes background reading for the whole course as well as a Q&A section that addresses 25 common challenges for parents.
In running subsequent courses, additional parent booklets can be purchased at cost price by trained facilitators. Trained facilitators are also licensed to copy additional worksheets and handouts from parent booklets as needed.
Upcoming Training Programmes
Book Training and Materials
€ 290.00per person
€ 290.00per person
Programme materials can be purchased together with training at a special discounted price of € 300.
Order Parent Booklets
Please note that you may only order parent booklets and other programme materials if you are a facilitator who already has been trained or belong to an agency with staff already trained.
Manual Upgrade Guide
In November 2016, the Parents Plus – Parenting When Separated Programme (PWS) was updated and second editions of the Facilitator Manual and Parent Booklet were published. If you are using an older edition of the PWS Facilitator Manual with the second edition of the Parent Booklet, please note the changes outlined in the document here.
The Parents Plus Parenting when Separated Programme is evidence-based and several studies attest to its effectiveness in clinical, preventative and community settings PPPWS research link.