Below you will find links to a selection of videos and podcasts that John Sharry, CEO and Founder of Parents Plus, created with other organisations offering advice and tips for parents.
For Internet Safety Day 2017, John Sharry and Webwise created a series of videos discussing technology use in the home.
- Dealing with conflict around technology use in the home
- Introducing technology to your child
- Tips to gradually introducing technology to your children
- Taking back control – technology use in the home
Below are a series of videos that John Sharry and Safefood Ireland created to highlight the importance of healthy eating in the family.
- Lets take on Childhood Obesity – Changing your Routine
- Let’s take on Childhood Obesity – Bribes or rewards?
- Breaking Bad habits and Healthy Eating
- Reducing treat foods – How to deal with children’s demands
- Reducing treat foods – Breaking bad habits
- Top 3 tips on saying no to treats
- Changing your eating routine as a family
John Sharry with Safefood Ireland also offer some tips and advice around common issues that can occur with children around sleep and bedtime in the home.
- Benefits of sleep for families
- How to establish a good bedtime routine
- Should children have a lie in?
- Are screens in the bedroom a problem?
- Having different aged children sharing a bedroom
John Sharry with Reach Out offers advice on how to have a difficult conversation with a teen or young adult.
John Sharry talks to RTÉ Junior about different issues affecting families.
- The Different Roles that Dads play
- Shared Parenting: How to protect children when parents are going through a separation
- Listen back to John Sharry on the Seán Moncrieff Show on Newstalk talking all things parenting and offering some useful tips for parents.
- Listen back to John Sharry on the Pat Kenny Show on Newstalk discussing anxieties in children and how to overcome them.
- Listen back to John Sharry on the Pat Kenny Show on Newstalk talking about parenting children with food issues.
- Listen back to John Sharry on the Last Word on Today FM talking about families and how they can adopt healthy lifestyles (as part of the Start campaign with Safefood Ireland, the HSE and Healthy Ireland). (Interview starts at 1.20mins).
- For more radio interviews around parenting and mental health that John Sharry has done on various radio stations, you can also visit www.solutiontalk.ie