An evidence-based parenting course promoting confidence, learning and positive behaviour in children aged 6 to 11 years.
John Sharry, Carol Fitzpatrick
Targeting the needs of primary school children, the Parents Plus Children’s Programme shows parents how to communicate positively with children, illustrating ways to encourage good social skills as well as well-researched methods to tackle behaviour problems.
The aim of the course is to help parents not only solve discipline and other childhood problems, but also for parents to develop closer and more satisfying relationships with their children.
- Solving childhood problems
- Play and special time with children
- Building children’s self-esteem and confidence
- Encouraging children’s learning/supporting homework
- Setting rules and helping children keep them
- Establishing daily routines
- Managing misbehaviour using consequences and sanctions
- Problem solving/talking problems through with children
- Two DVDs which contain 2.5 hours of footage containing over 80 real and role-played scenes of family interactions, which are backed up by comments from professionals, parents and children.
- A comprehensive Facilitator’s Manual that contains the full text of the DVDs, extensive background information, a full guide on how to prepare and run each session of the course including suggestions on how to structure group discussion and use role-play.
- Two parents booklets that contain all the handouts and worksheets for participants.
- The package also comes with an accompanying parents’ book ‘Positive Parenting‘ which contains extra chapters on tackling common childhood problems (Authors: John Sharry and Carol Fitzpatrick).
In running subsequent courses, additional parent booklets can be purchased at cost price by trained facilitators. Trained facilitators are also licensed to copy additional worksheets and handouts from parent booklets as needed.
Upcoming Training Programmes
Book Training and Materials
€ 430per person
€ 430.00per person
€ 430.00per person
Programme materials can be purchased together with training at a special discounted price of € 300.
Order Parent Booklets
Please note that you may only order parent booklets and other programme materials if you are a facilitator who already has been trained or belong to an agency with staff already trained.
Manual Upgrade Guide
In November 2016, the Parents Plus Children’s Programme (PPCP) was updated and fourth editions of the Facilitator Manual and Parent Booklet were published. If you are using an older edition of the PPCP Facilitator Manual with the fourth edition of the Parent Booklet, please note the changes outlined in this document here.
The Parents Plus Children’s Programme is evidence-based and several studies attest to its effectiveness in clinical, preventative and community settings.