The Covid-19 crisis has taken its toll on the welfare of children and families and many are in a high need of professional support. This comes with a time when many services are unable to provide face to face support due to the social distancing restrictions.
One solution is to shift services online and Parents Plus are supporting professionals to make this transformation in their practice. While there are challenges to online working, there are also many advantages in that many families prefer it and there are no gelgraphical limitations to reaching families.
Our experience in Parents Plus is that online working can be just as effective once you take time to prepare and hone your online skills.
Getting the most out of online service delivery – special training
In this online training we will explain the principles of effective remote working using the Parents Plus Programmes and provide participants with the tools that can work in their agencies.
Topics covered include
- Choosing the best mode of remote support (phone, zoom, MS Teams, skype, google hangouts, other)
- Remotely delivering strengths-based support to families
- Confidentiality and data protection considerations
- Structuring individual and group sessions
- Addressing core topics such as self-care for parents, conflict management
- Supporting family mental health.
Developed by Prof John Sharry and Dr. Eileen Brosnan, the training will involve the following:
- Tuesday 8th June– 10am – 12.30pm Zoom group training session – Intro to remote individual and group work, demonstration of effectively using the PP parent engagement model via online mode.
- Tuesday 22nd June– 10am- 12pm A follow-up group session to look at how remote work is progressing and problem-solve around challenges.
All attendees will receive preparatory email/ reading material in advance of training and we can offer a short intro session to those unfamiliar to zoom if they need help getting online.
The cost of the training is €135 per person. Please contact us if accessing finance is difficult and we will do our best to provide a number of sponsored places.
You can book your place here or for more details please email