With the advent of the Covid-19 crisis, face to face support of families has unfortunately had to stop, yet many families remain in need of support and are under additional stress due to the crisis. Parents Plus are supporting professionals and services to provide support remotely to families online and by telephone. See some of our resources below
- NEW: Online Parenting Teenagers Talk on 14th July SOLD OUT
- Seven Tips to Successful Online Therapeutic Groups – An article by John Sharry
- Slides from our Moving Online Seminar for UCC Showcase of practice initiatives
- A list of Covid-19 specific articles and resources for families
- Access to Parents Plus Videos online for trained facilitators
- A special training in phone/ online service delivery, which includes a special guidance document – email firstname.lastname@example.org
In this online training we will explain the principles of effective remote working using the Parents Plus Programmes and provide participants with the tools that can work in their agencies.
Topics covered include
- Choosing the best mode of remote support (phone, zoom, skype, google hangouts, other)
- Remotely delivering strengths-based support to families
- Confidentiality and data protection considerations
- Structuring individual and group sessions
- Addressing core topics such as self-care for parents, conflict management
- Supporting family mental health.
Delivered by Prof John Sharry and Dr. Eileen Brosnan, the training will involve the following:
- Wednesday 22nd July – 10am – 12.30pm Zoom group training session – Intro to remote individual and group work, demonstration of effectively using the PP parent engagement model via online mode.
- Wednesday 5th August– 10am- 12pm A follow-up group session to look at how remote work is progressing and problem-solve around challenges.
- Tuesday 8th Sept – 10am – 12.30pm Zoom group training session – Intro to remote individual and group work, demonstration of effectively using the PP parent engagement model via online mode.
- Tuesday 29th Sept – 10am- 12pm A follow-up group session to look at how remote work is progressing and problem-solve around challenges.
All attendees will receive preparatory email/ reading material in advance of training and we can offer a short intro session to those unfamiliar to zoom if they need help getting online.
The cost of the training is €135 per person. Please contact us if accessing finance is difficult and we will do our best to provide a number of sponsored places.
Bookings can be can be made here and for more details please email email@example.com