Parents Plus Programmes
There are five different Parents Plus Programmes which are run as 6-12 week parenting courses.
- Parents Plus Adolescents Programme: for parents of adolescents aged 11 to 16 years.
- Parents Plus Children’s Programme: for parents of children aged 6 to 11 years.
- Parents Plus Early Years Programme: for parents of young children aged 1 to 6 years.
- Parents Plus Parenting when Separated Programme: for parents who are preparing for, going through or have gone through a separation or divorce.
- Working Things Out: for adolescents (aged 11 to 16) promoting positive mental health and teaching coping skills to overcome specific problems.
Please note that Parents Plus do not run parent groups directly. They are run by the professionals we train in family resource centres, primary care teams, child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS), child care committees, schools and many other organisations.
Parents Plus courses are largely run free of charge or at a minimal cost to those attending.
If you are a parent who is interested in attending a Parents Plus course, please make inquiries to your local services, look at the lists of upcoming courses below or you can also click here to search for a programme running in your area.
Finding a Parents Plus Course in your area
Find a course in your area using our interactive map