New Parents Plus Children's Programme training
We have set up a new online Parents Plus Children’s Programme Facilitator Training. This will be run over five workshops – see below. One of the advantages of online training is its increased accessibility and flexibility of delivery. With the Parents Plus DVDs available to stream and many extra resources on our website, programme delivery has never been easier.
The PPCP training will focus on
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the Children’s Programme
- Learning how to deliver the programme to groups and individual families, both face to face and in online sessions
- Opportunities to observe and practice the skills necessary to become an effective solution focused facilitator
- Building on parents already present strengths to become the basis for ongoing change
- Strengthening family, school and community partnerships
17th June – Short Optional intro session (2- 3pm) ensure everyone is ready for training
22nd June – Goals, PPCP background, evidence base, structure of programme, Positive Parenting
25th June – Positive Discipline and Establishing routines
29Th June – Group work programme and Session delivery practice
7th Sept – Individual and groupwork skills, dealing with challenges, Face to face and online delivery
10th Sept – Engaging parents, getting groups started, family sessions,
The five days run from 9:30 to 1pm and are delivered online via Zoom with tea breaks. To enhance learning participants are invited to complete a short assignment between sessions.