We have set up a new online Parents Plus Adolescents Programme Facilitator Training. This will be run over five workshops – see below. One of the advantages of online training is its increased accessibility and flexibility of delivery. With the Parents Plus DVDs available to stream and many extra resources on our website, programme delivery has never been easier.
The PPAP training will focus on
- Understanding the needs of teenagers and their parents
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the Adolescents Programme
- Learning how to deliver the programme to groups and individual families, both face to face and in online sessions
- Opportunities to observe and practice the skills necessary to become an effective solution focused facilitator
- Building on parents already present strengths to become the basis for ongoing change
- Strengthening family, school and community partnerships
Tues 21/7 – Goals, PPAP background, evidence base, structure of programme, Positive parenting – understanding teenagers, building relationships
Thurs 23/7 – Positive Discipline, problem solving and Establishing routines
Tues 28/7 – Eight week Group work programme and Session delivery practice
Tues 15/9– Individual and groupwork skills, dealing with challenges, Face to face and online delivery
Thurs 17/9– Engaging parents, getting groups started, family sessions,
The five days run from 9:30 to 1pm and are delivered online via Zoom with tea breaks To enhance learning participants are invited to complete a short assignment between sessions.
Find out more about the PPAP at a free introduction seminar,
Thursday 2nd July at 10-11am book here