Thursday, 9th March 2017 in the Ashling Hotel, Dublin 8
To mark the development of our updated programme materials, Parents Plus is hosting an official launch and a special information seminar for practitioners and managers. You are very welcome to attend if you are:
- New to the Parents Plus programmes and want to find out more about how they might work in your agency.
- An existing PP facilitator and you want to find out about the new programme materials and to network with other facilitators.
NB: The morning seminar (9:30am-1pm) is now booked out. To facilitate the extra number of people wishing to attend, we are repeating the information seminar on the same day in the afternoon. Please register below.
Agenda Morning Seminar (booked out)
- 9:30am – Arrival at registration, networking and refreshments.
- 10:30am – Launch of new Parents Plus Programme materials. Dr Michael Drumm, Chair of Parents Plus and Principal Clinical Psychology Manager, HSE
- 11.00am – 1.00pm – Parents Plus Information Seminar – Dr John Sharry, CEO and Founder, and Dr Eileen Brosnan, Senior Trainer, Parents Plus
Agenda Afternoon Seminar (open for bookings below)
- 2pm – Arrival at registration, networking and refreshments.
- 2:30pm – 4:30pm – Parents Plus Information Seminar – Dr John Sharry, CEO and Founder, and Dr Eileen Brosnan, Senior Trainer, Parents Plus
- 4:30pm-4:45pm – Review and Close
Seminar Content: The morning and afternoon seminars will introduce all five Parents Plus programmes, describing the background and how the programmes work as well as outlining the content of the new manuals and updated materials. The seminar is ideal for professionals and managers who want to find out more about the Parents Plus programmes and how they might work in their agencies. There will be time to network, to ask questions and to meet practicing Parents Plus facilitators. This information seminar may also count towards your CPD and a certificate of attendance can be given to you on the day.
You can download an information flier here on the event to share it with your colleagues and display in your organisation.
€ 0.00per person
Please note this event is free to attend but when booking online, you will be brought to the payment’s page to confirm your booking. On this page, check all of your details and tick the box beside ‘I wish to be issued with an invoice’. Then click the Process Order button. You won’t be sent an invoice for this free event but your order will then be confirmed.
About the Parents Plus Programmes
The Parents Plus Programmes are evidence-based parenting courses designed to support and empower parents to manage and solve discipline problems, to create satisfying and enjoyable family relationships and to help children and young people grow up and reach their full potential. The original Parents Plus Programme was developed in 1998 and since then five flagship programmes have been developed targeting different age groups and contexts.
- The Early Years Programme for parents of children aged 1 to 6.
- The Children’s Programme for parents of children aged 6 to 11.
- The Adolescents Programme for parents of adolescents aged 11 to 16.
- The Working Things Out Programme targeted at adolescents aged 11-16.
- Parenting when Separated Programme targeted at parents who are preparing for, going through or have gone through a separation and divorce.
All Parents Plus programmes are evidence-based approaches and currently 19 studies attest to their effectiveness in community and specialist settings. They are delivered as structured courses with small groups of parents, children and adolescents utilising DVD input, handouts, group exercises and homework and are delivered within a solution-focused collaborative facilitation model. The Parents Plus charity has an established ‘train the trainer’ process to empower professionals and community leaders to deliver the programmes in their agencies and local areas.
About the Updated Parents Plus Programme Materials
- The new Parent’s Booklets are now in full colour and the information is presented the in a clearer more visual way that is accessible to more parents. They contain updated ideas on topics such as emotional development of children and new family challenges such as such as screentime and social media.
- The Facilitator Manuals are all standardised and presented in a an easier to use format containing new resources for facilitation such as extra group exercises, posters and editable fliers.
- Please note that the DVD content for each of the programmes have not been updated at this time.
If you have any queries about this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org