Parents Plus is looking to recruit a number of experienced facilitators who can act as professional mentors to other Parents Plus Facilitators.
The role of a Parents Plus mentor is to:
- Support new Parents Plus Facilitators to get their groups up and running.
- Provide supervision to facilitators as they deliver their Parents Plus Groups.
- Host Parents Plus regional network meetings and local supervision groups.
- Support facilitators to progress through the Parents Plus Accreditation process.
In order to be a Parents Plus mentor you need to be:
- Trained and experienced in running one or more of the Parents Plus Programmes.
- Accredited or in the process of accreditation in one or more of the Parents Plus Programmes.
- Have specific experience in providing professional supervision and training – this is a distinct advantage.
- Able to give an indication of how much time you can allocate to mentoring.
Acting as a Parents Plus Mention can be done:
- As part of your role within your agency.
- In a voluntary capacity within an identified project.
- In return for a fee from Parents Plus for a designated project.
If you are recruited as a Mentor, you will be provided with training and supervision from the Parents Plus Training Team and you will become part of a network of Parents Plus Mentors.